Remove the economic hurdles that stand in your way of education. Apply for the PhD Scholarships at the University of Applied Sciences Mannheim. The objective of the present project is the identification of the roseoflavin exporter in S. davaonensis. Five different work packages describe experiments that should lead to the identification of the roseoflavin exporter. It is unclear at present whether a single protein or whether multiple proteins form this unique exporter.
The Mannheim University of Applied Sciences is a public higher education institute located in Mannheim, Germany. It offers degree programs at the bachelor’s and master’s levels in the fields of engineering, informatics, biotechnology, design, and social affairs.
Why study at the University of Applied Sciences Mannheim? The University’s outlook is global, and they actively promote international, scientific, and cultural exchange between students. Our degree programmes increasingly focus on the demands and opportunities of the international community.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
- University or Organization: University of Applied Sciences Mannheim
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Germany
- The award can be taken in Germany.
- Eligible Countries: Germany
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Identification of a roseoflavin exporter in the roseoflavin producer Streptomyces davaonensis
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- A person interested in bacterial membrane-bound transporters (importers/exporters) in general would be the most appropriate. Moreover, since we also will use a genetic approach to identify the novel elusive roseoflavin exporter, the candidate also should be familiar with state-of-the-art cloning techniques. We will teach you to use a bacterial CRISPR-Cas9 system and BioID.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, students must have to submit the online application.
- Supporting Documents: Submit your official transcripts of academic records from every postsecondary institution attended for at least one year as a full-time student, CV, and statement of purpose. Academic records should give information on the type and content of courses taken (Diploma supplement) and the grades you received
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a previous degree certificate with relevant marks.
- Language Requirement: For English, the following proofs are accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with at least 90 internet-based TOEFL-test points (out of 120) or the TOEFL.ITP with at least 570 points (out of 677)
- International English Language Test System (IELTS) with a result of at least 6,5 (out of 9)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Applicants who took part in an undergraduate program in which the language of instruction was English are asked to provide a suitable certificate from their Faculty.
For German, the following proofs are accepted:
- An equivalent certificate based on a bilateral treaty with another country
The University of applied sciences will provide the salary for students in Germany.